Sterling Travel Management

Phone +44 (0)23 8068 2610
Phone +44 (0)23 8033 0111
STM Events : Visit UK : Practical Information : Customs & immigration : Non-EU allowances

Customs & Immigration

Non-EU customs allowances

If you come to UK from a country outside the EU, there are limits on the amount of tobacco, alcohol, perfume and other goods you can bring with you, without paying duty.

Leaving the airport through customs

Most UK ports and airports have three exits or 'channels', while some have only one exit, with a red point phone for declaring goods.

Use the Red Channel if you:

Use the Green Channel if you are travelling from a non-EU country with:

Use the Blue Channel if you are travelling from a EU country with:

The amounts you are allowed

From 1 January 2009, when travelling from a non-EU country (including the Canary Islands, the Channel Islands and Gibraltar) you can bring the following into the UK for your own use without paying UK tax or duty:

Please note that there are conditions that apply to your allowances. These include:

Air transfers

If you arrive by air and are transferring to a flight to another EU country, at the transfer point you need only declare goods in your hand baggage. You do not declare your hold baggage until you collect it at your final destination.

More information

For further information about UK customs and rules and restrictions, visit HM Revenue & Customs - Information for travellers.

Twitter LinkedIn 

Copyright © 2020 Sterling Travel Management Privacy Policy  |  Cookies Policy  |  Site Map

Part of Global Travel Solutions Group

Accreditations V2 2017

Copyright © 2020 STM Events Privacy Policy  |  Cookies Policy  |  Site Map
accreditations 2017 ver 2

Send an Enquiry

  *Indicates a field you must enter.

Send an Enquiry

  *Indicates a field you must enter.
Powered By Intergage |